Boarding Your Pet With Us
We at Healthy Pet Veterinary Clinic are happy to be able to provide boarding facilities for your cat or small mammal. Our dedicated small mammal boarding area is a special place where your pet can relax, play and pass the days away.
Sorry, we no longer provide boarding services for dogs of any size.
Our small mammal boarding area is unique in Madison and we pride ourselves in taking excellent care of your small mammal pets. Unlike almost all other facilities who do small mammal boarding in Madison, all you need to bring is your pet! We provide an enclosure, bedding, toys, and daily interaction with your pet to keep them happy and entertained. Rabbits, Ferrets, Guinea Pigs, Chinchillas, Mice, Rats and other furry four legged pets are all lovingly cared for by our professional staff.
Pets staying in our small mammal boarding room are fed high quality Oxbow hay and pellets. As a special treat, your pet will receive a variety of fresh organically grown vegetables every day! During the growing season, vegetables that are fed to your pet come from Dr. Christman's own organic garden.
Our staff will do our very best to provide your pet with a happy and pleasant experience. You have our assurances that we will care for your pet with the love and compassion as if they were our own.
In our cat only boarding area, pets staying with us have access to a spacious area to play and lounge. Our deluxe cat condo's give each cat up to three individual rooms depending on our booking status at the time. Also each cat gets individual playtime each day with one of our boarding staff and spends hours out of their condo to stretch their legs.
All of our boarding areas can be clearly viewed from our lobby and other public areas. Feel free to take a look the next time you visit us!
In order to best care for your pet, we would like to let you know our policies and recommendations for animals we care for during boarding.
IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME BOARDING WITH US, PROOF OF VACCINATIONS MUST BE PROVIDED TO HEALTHY PET VETERINARY CLINIC BEFORE YOU DROP OFF YOUR PET.
If proof of current vaccinations are expired or not provided to us, an examination to ensure the overall health of your pet and required vaccinations will be given to your pet by one of our veterinarians at your expense during the check-in process.
- All cats must be current on immunizations against Rabies and Feline Distemper (FVRCP).
- All ferrets must be current on immunizations against Ferret Distemper. Vaccination against rabies is not required by law but it is highly recommended.
- All other small mammals (rabbits, guinea pigs etc.) do not require vaccinations but we highly recommend that your pet have an exam by a veterinarian at least once a year. We are happy to provide an examination with one of our veterinarians at the regular exam rate while they are staying with us.
For the safety of your pet and other animals at our facility, all animals must be free of external parasites (fleas and ticks) when they arrive. If fleas or ticks are noted during admission, appropriate treatments to remove the fleas/ticks will be given at your expense.
Fees for boarding are calculated by the number of nights that your pet is staying with us. We close at 8pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. We close at 1pm on Wednesday and Saturday and we are closed on Sundays. Pets can only be picked up or dropped off during our normal business hours.
Things To Send With Your Pet
- Enough of your pet’s regular food to last for their entire stay. We can provide food for your pet, however what we feed is likely not what your pet normally eats. Switching foods suddenly can cause your pet undue stress. If you are boarding a small mammal, we will provide high quality Oxbow brand hay, pellets and fresh vegetables every day.
- Vaccination records – Non-Client Cats and Ferrets. If you are not a client of Healthy Pet Veterinary Clinic and if you do not provide records for required vaccinations, we will vaccinate your pet at your cost as part of the boarding check-in process.
- Any medications or supplements your pet may currently be taking. There is a fee for giving your pet any medications or supplements of $3 per day.
- A small pet bed or blanket that smells like home can be comforting to your pet in a strange environment. Bringing bedding or a blanket is optional. Please only bring one item of bedding from home. We have an extensive amount of different bedding that will keep your pet comfortable. If the bedding you bring becomes soiled, we will clean your bedding at no extra charge however you are responsible for damage to your bedding while your pet is staying with us. You can also bring one or two toys your pet may like to play with while they are with us.
Please DO NOT Bring
- Food or water bowls or bottles of any kind. We have an ample supply of bowls, ceramic crocks and bottle feeders for your pet. Bringing your own bowls increases the chance of them getting mixed into our stock and difficult to find again as we clean and change water and food bowls often.
- Anything that is valuable or irreplaceable. A very special toy, delicate or irreplaceable bedding or other item that is extremely valuable to you or your pet. While we take every effort to keep items you bring clean and safe, we ask that you not bring anything that you cannot do without. It is better that you let us use our supplies and keep your valuables at home.
If you would like to board your pet with us, please call or email us to make a reservation. You also will need to fill out the following forms and bring them with you when you drop off your pet.
If you have any questions about boarding your animals with us, you can email: [email protected] or call us at 608-294-9494.